Monday, July 28, 2014

Yet Another Day


Today was a different sort of day. I seem to have a new perspective on things with the idea of surgery lingering. The day went by quicker and I didn't get nearly as stressed by the “pop-ups” in my day (they are exactly what you'd imagine-little things that pop up requiring your attention that you hadn't initially planned. I did however, miss lunch so when I got home, a big bowl of leftover spaghetti really hit the spot! This whole not being able to eat breakfast (it makes me nauseous,) skipping lunch, and having a big ole dinner seems to have aided in losing almost 10 pounds in the past month. Anyways, we then went down to J's parent's to get some of his grandma and grandpa's things out of the old barn. J's cousin who had bought the property and built a house sold it and is moving out so we went down and got some of the grandparent's things. I think it was saddening for J and his mom. It's kind of like the last remaining remnants of what used to be. But we got several “treasures” that have probably no monetary value but great sentimental value. I plan to repurpose some of the items in the house (ladder for a blanket rack, window for picture frame, glass bulb hanging light for a solar porch light.)

I think all the “pickin'” was a little much for me though. I had several bursts of pain while there that have since resulted in a migraine. Lots of bending over and looking up caused them. The sensation is incredibly intense. It's like a million knives being thrown at the front of your brain. I am so excited to not have these issues anymore!

I did attempt to schedule the surgery this morning. I called was transferred from scheduling to the surgery scheduling person. She looked up my information but there were no orders yet. Because we were talking it over & thinking about it, the doctor was waiting to fill out the orders for the surgery. So I will have to wait until they get the orders and call back-or I will just call back later this week to check. I know they aren't Holzer but I feel like that's what a person has to do to get anything done. I did read the MRI report for my auditory canal (I can hear my pulsing heart beat in my ear.) It said that I do have an excess of CSF around the canal and some boney something or the other that may be dehesion or something like that, but should be discussed as relating to CM symptoms.

So I know I am closer than yesterday, but I'd really like to get this done with and feel human again! I am, however, dreading not being able to wash my hair for up to two weeks---GROSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment